Thursday, January 22, 2015

January Projects

January has been pretty good to me, so far, in the sewing department.
I sewed these cute pillows with fabric I got in Sweden.

I made these curtains from Ikea- Britten Nummer fabric. I'm in love with it.
I even made a blanket from it!

See the ottoman? I made that as well. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This year I get the honor of making my little sisters prom dress.
It's horrible even thinking that she's old enough already, to even go to prom.
Next year she will graduate and then she'll be on to University to become a Doctor.
I couldn't be any more proud of the young woman she has become.


This grey dress was made from the pattern for my sisters dress. I wanted a sample to work on alterations from.
I'm sure the skirt will need lengthening.



I had a lot of fun making this dress, even though I was sick while I worked on it.
The back features an exposed zipper.
The exposed zipper is a feature that I have always loved in dresses. It feels very young and with the grey of the fabric, I think it kept it from being too boring.


Cute flower buttons on the front and a purple belt sewn on, I'm over-all very happy with how the dress came out!
Honestly, I can hardly believe that it's something I made.
Of course, E's prom dress won't be grey or have cutesy buttons down the front, but it was so much fun to practice!
I hope I get to make many more dresses in the future! 


No comments:

Post a Comment