Monday, March 17, 2014

Diapers, Delight, and Depression

Well, these first two things are related.
I don't want to jinx anything, but today was an interesting day that could lead to a great opportunity.
What I have to share is this ADORABLE reusable diaper!!




Isn't it sooo cute?
Economical, and so much nicer than disposable.
My favourite thing about these is how long they can be used.
A 'small' size, can fit up to 15 lbs or so, because of the velcro front!
I have to say this is not something I ever thought I would make, but they are cute, and people seem to love them.

Now the last thing...
 I try to keep my blog upbeat and relatively impersonal, but lately I've been really down and frustrated.
Dealing with depression is hard. It takes a toll on your mood and on your body.
I feel so tired all the time, and just plain 'blah'.
Sometimes I find myself in tears or angry for no reason, and sometimes I'm so sad I don't know how I can go on living.
Depression and mental illness is an issue that is close to my heart, and I think it's important for people to know that mental illnesses like depression and bi-polar disorder really change who you are at your core.
The best way I know how to describe depression is like having dual personalities.
In your heart and deep in your mind you know you have no reason to feel this aching sorrow and anger,
but your body and your conscious mind don't get the message.
My body fights against itself for power.
Who will win?
The me who wants to smile and be productive, and enjoy everything in her life?
Or the me who wants to give up ?
I fight hard to make sure it's the good me.
I am a happy and kind person, but when I am in a 'downswing' like I am now, I don't feel like doing anything I enjoy.
 I get irritable and anything could send me into a fit of tears.
So,with that said, I apologize to any readers and followers on Facebook if  I am not as active as I'd like to be.
Right now I am in that downswing, and I know some people will understand that, and some people won't, but I can only hope that sharing how I feel will encourage someone else to seek help.

Thank you, dearest readers and followers!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment