Friday, November 8, 2013

Modern Classic Rocking Chair

                                                                  Ohhh myyy.




I have not been this excited in a few hours!
lol
Truly, I haven't had the best of weeks, but I did accomplish something pretty major,
and I don't brag about myself much,
but for my first attempt,
I did an awesome job reupholstering this classic rocking chair.
I was so excited, that I forgot to take a before picture!


Oops.

So, I will share with you a few of the finished photos!




Here is the complete chair. I made a cute little 12 x 12 inch pillow to go with it.
At first I was really hesitant to pick such a vibrant and modern looking damask pattern, 
considering the chair is just... brown, but now that it's complete I am really glad that I did!!



When I first started working on the chair, I was really intimidated by actually reupholstering it.
As I was cutting out my pieces, using the pieces I cut off  as a basic pattern, 
I was actually surprised by how much fun I was having,
and how easily it was coming together!!!


Originally I picked out a light blue and brown quatrefoil 

I ended up not buying it, and I'm glad, because I think it would have had an almost
nursery room feel to it.
And not in a good way. 
More like in a washed-out, boring, sort of way.


The pillow was an afterthought, if I am being honest.
I felt like I needed something to pull the buyers attention toward the chair.
I love chevron as an accent fabric, and in this case I picked some grey chevron out of my stash,
and tied it to the chair with a strip of my yellow damask duck. 

I even sewed in what would have been an invisible zipper,
if the pillow form weren't stuffed so firmly into the case.
I might have given myself about half an inch too little space.
But it works!!!


For my first reupholstering project, I'm very proud of myself, and I love the way it came out.
So much so, that if I don't sell it, I may actually keep it!!! 

Haha
:)

Thanks For Visiting
Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment