Sunday, October 30, 2016

Review: The Girl on The Train

Here's something a little different for you, dearest viewers, as I have been busy and felt rather stagnated in the blogging department lately.

There's nothing wrong with mixing it up a little bit.

Surprise! I'm an avid reader. Truly, I read around 40-50 books a year. In my best year of reading, I read 64 books! That was the summer I read every V.C Andrews novel my Mother passed on to me. It was a lot.

Most recently I read the acclaimed Paula Hawkins novel The Girl on The Train, and I was NOT disappointed!
It was like living in the lives of three people simultaneously, never certain what the outcome would be.
The Girl on The Train is about a beautiful, seductive, and very confused woman whose life is taken much too soon. It's about a woman who lost everything important to her, and gave her mental faculties over to alcoholism and obsession with a life she feared she would never have again. The Girl on The Train is about a woman who dotes on her husband and daughter, the epitome of the perfect, and oblivious house wife; however, it turns out her life is not all it seems.
These three, very different, women effect each others lives in unknown and profound ways.

I was enthralled from the first word of this novel, and finished it in less than 24 hours. I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good mystery, and really, to anyone at all!

Thanks!
:)
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment