Sunday, December 1, 2013

Recipe: Cabbage Stew

I have finally decided to share my first recipe.
Some time this year I was craving cabbage and came up with this soup/stew,
and now that it's getting cool outside I thought it was the perfect time to share my recipe with everyone.
I hope you will all try it!



Cabbage Stew
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Hours

Grocery List:
1 1/2 Ground Beef
1 SMALL cabbage
1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock
1 1/2 Cups Beef Stock
2 1/2 Cups Tomato Sauce
1 Can Rotel in preferred flavor ( I use hot)
1 Can Corn
1 Can Red Kidney Beans
1 Onion, chopped
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Beef Stew Mix

Directions:

1) Brown and drain the ground beef.
2) Add to stock pot or other large pot the stocks, tomato sauce, Rotel, corn, beans, seasoning, and onions.
3) Add beef to pot and chop cabbage. I usually use about 3 cups for one pot of the recipe.
4) Add the cabbage, and turn on stove top at a low heat. On my stove, I use  heat at 2 or 3, high enough to barely simmer, but not hot enough to burn anything to the bottom if I forget to stir it for a couple hours.
5) When it's warm, add the beef stew mix (one packet), and continue letting it cook for 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment